Yes, he can recognise Chinese characters too!
I was sceptical about flashcards, but with the convenience of DVD flashcard programmes these days, it just seemed like it was no harm to try.
I just tested him. Am amazed! Started him with the DVD flashcards at 5mths. He's 11mths now. He's never seen these words before other than on the WinktoLearn DVDs.
After having gone through the "Wink-to-Learn"(WTL) DVDs, I must say that this WTL and the "Your Baby Can Read"(YBCR) series are currently the best in quality of the DVD programmes available in stores now. YBCR has a much longer programme but once the baby is happy with the show, often he gets used to it and love bouncing along with the songs and short phrases. For babies with short attention span, the WTL would be most suitable. Being a "flash" programme, it flashes 10 words in a short 2-minute lesson. Just show that 1 lesson or if your baby has a longer attention span, then 2 lessons each day, and show those same 1 or 2 lessons for 7 days in a row. Very quick and simple process. Then change to another 1 or 2 new lessons for the next 7 days.
For WTL, both the English & Chinese programmes are similar. I took a video of 1 lesson of English while Baby JR was watching it this morning, just so as to time how long 1 lesson is - 2:04min exactly. Most lessons are similar in duration, so if you think it's a drugery to show a DVD flashcard programme, think again!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that Wink To Learn is a useful program. I read about it and decide to try it and my kid is enjoying it. :)
Here's a good review on how to use Wink To Learn:
http://www.todaysmotherhood.com/2009/11/review-of-wink-to-learn-l-is-it-really-good/
Post a Comment