
Hai, the little boy just refuses to have his milky any other way but direct. He'd rather wait for me than have any form of substitute. When he was real little, he took the Avent bottles but didn't quite manage to suck well.
I saw that NUK had new teats that could fit wide-necked bottles (yeah, they do fit the Avent!), so tried them out. Our elder 2 children took their milk with NUK teats, and didn't like any other teats, so I thought it might be worth trying. Oh well, no go. The baby just didn't like those either.

We also tried giving the baby his milk by using a syringe. But the cheeky little one spits out the milk instead, making the caregiver all "drenched" in milk instead. *haha*. As a "last resort", I got these Avent Spouts that are easily used with Avent Bottles. I realised that with these new "no-spill" spouts, the poor baby still needed to suck at it to get any liquid out from the bottle. So I removed the valve below the spout attachment (and yes again - the valves are easily removable). This way, the milk can just flow out of the spout without baby needing to suck. Once again, baby launched his protest by spitting out the expressed milk.
Ah...I think I'll just save my liquid gold and not waste my time expressing milk, lah. Will just either bring baby out with me or just not leave baby for too long away from me. Just for a couple more months.....
1 comment:
Hi! I'm currently doing total breastfeeding and on no-pay leave from work. I will go back to work when my baby is 5mth old. Yup, she does'nt want any teat, as for now. I'm worried since I'l be going back to work n my mom will be the care-taker while I'm gone. We are still trying to familiarize my baby with EBM in a bottle, to no avail. I told my mom, worst come to worst, she juz mix the EBM to the baby cereal while I'm gone n I'll give direct when I get back. I'm so jealous at those friends of mine who's babies have no problem accepting EBM in a bottle! *sigh* PS, this is my first baby, and am still experimenting with all possibilities..
Post a Comment