Friday, August 15, 2008

Music Effect

I noticed this earlier in the day when changing his diaper. Like all newborns, he hates that, and was bawling away. His brother was practising his violin right then, and decided to play an old piece that he'd practised during my pregnancy. Immediately, the baby stopped crying and looked around and listened.Can't really tell in this photo - probably a video clip would show more as he stops, turns his head and eyes, and listens around for the music.
IMG_0762a IMG_0763a IMG_0765a
Later in the evening, after his bath, again, he was bawling as usual. I put on another piece of music - still cry, then I put on the CD of same violin piece that his brother had played - still cry. Then I played the recording I'd done of some weeks back of brother's practice. Again, baby had the same reaction. Stopped in his bawling state.... interesting. He does this in the car too when I play the Mozart CD that I'd been playing throughout my pregnancy.

So...keep that in mind. Play 1 or 2 CDs frequently throughout your pregnancy. Classical music particularly is good for baby's mental development too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.